Medium Humanoid (Rakasta)
Hit Dice: 1d10 (10 hp)
Initiative: 4 Armor Lamellar, +1 Dex)
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/ +1
Feats: Blind-Fight (B), Weapon Focus
Challenge Rating: 1
Level Adjustment: +0
descriptive text here
- Medium-size: As Medium-size creatures, rakasta have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Rakasta base speed is 30 feet.
- Low-light vision: Rakastas can see twice as far as humans in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish colour and detail in these conditions.
- +2 racial bonus on Balance checks. Rakastas have improved balance.
- +2 racial bonus on one Craft of choice.
- Keen Senses: Rakastas possess keen senses due to their superb hearing and sensitive whiskers. If these whiskers are ever damaged, they suffer 2 points of Dexterity damage and lose the abilities described below until the whiskers grow back (or are magically healed) which generally happens in 2d4 days.
These senses give them the following abilities:
- +4 racial bonuses on Listen checks.
- The Blind-Fight feat
- When confronted with invisibility within 10 feet of them they get a +4 bonus on any checks made to detect it. This sensing is constant and they don’t need to concentrate to use it. ** Sonic Sensitivity: The accurate senses of the rakasta come with a price. They suffer + 50% damage against sonic attacks [with the Sonic descriptor] regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or a failure and a -2 penalty to saving throws against sonic effects that don’t deal damage (such as thunderstones or a harpy’s song)
- Cat fall: Rakastas have excellent balance and reflexes. They always suffer half damage from falls (minimum 1 point of damage).
- Weapons familiarity: Rakastas treat War Claws (Kasas) as a martial weapon instead of a exotic one.
- Natural attacks: They have one-inch long retractable claws on their hands, which they may attack with in melee. Their claws deal 1d3 points of damage. Rakasta may also bite for 1d4 points of damage. When using these natural attacks, a Rakasta is not considered unarmed. A rakasta may take the full attack action to make all three attacks as if attacking with multiple weapons. The claw attacks are considered primary attacks, the bite attack is a secondary attack and suffers a -5 penalty on the attack roll and adds only half strength for damage. They can also attack with their claws unextended for 1d3 of subdual damage.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Rakastan.
- Bonus Languages: Any
- Favored Class: The preferred class of the Rakasta is Fighter. A multiclass rakasta’s fighter class does not count when determining whether she suffers an XP penalty from multiclassing.